This Vegetable Will Fix Everything Wrong In Your Body!
1 Cup (170.00 g)
Vitamin C 8%
Vitamin B6 6%
REASONS TO INCLUDE BEETS IN YOUR DIET :
- Beets are packed with betalains and polyphenols, both of which are capable of reversing free radical damage and oxidative stress.
- Beets contain numerous minerals- copper, which destroys free radicals; iodine, which takes part in biosynthesis of thyroid hormones; iron and phosphorus which produce energy; magnesium which promotes bone health; and potassium and folate, which promote heart health.
- Beets are higher in pectin content when compared to carrot or apples. This substance provides various benefits, such as inhibiting the spread of detrimental intestinal bacteria, preventing the onset of various diseases, and dealing with removal of toxic waste and radioactive metals from the system.
- Beets are high in nitrates, which turn into nitrites when metabolized. It has been scientifically shown that nitrites open up blood vessels, improving blood flow and helping oxygen reach areas which are deprived of it. Consequently, beets work as an excellent preventative measure against dementia.
- Cobalt found in beets stimulates the production of vitamin B12 which has critical role in the formation of red blood cells.
- Beets contain vitamins like B complex, which are known to strengthen the capillary walls. Beets also promote easier digestion of vitamin D in our bodies.
- Beets boost metabolism in an all-natural way.
- Due to the high dietary fiber content, beets improve digestion and help treat problems caused by indigestion.
- Betacyanins found in beets inhibit the growth of cancerous cells.
- Beets contain betalain pigments, which makes them an excellent tool for removing toxic waste from the body.
- Beets contain folic acid, which stimulates the production of new cells and thus rejuvenates our bodies.
“[Betaine’s]… presence in our diet has been associated with lower levels of several inflammatory markers, including C reactive protein, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor alpha. As a group, the anti-inflammatory molecules found in beets may eventually be shown to provide cardiovascular benefits in large-scale human studies, as well as anti-inflammatory benefits for other body systems,” as reported by he World’s Healthiest Foods.
In a nutshell, beets possess a wide variety of healing properties which include strengthening capillary vessels, improving brain function and preventing dementia, boosting fat metabolism, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, etc.